Sunday, April 3, 2016

Ariana Grande: Dangerous Woman

     With effortless vocal leaps and sultry guitar riffs, Ariana Grande shows a more mature side of herself in "Dangerous Woman." This song has more of a slow R&B vibe and with lyrics including, 'All that you got, skin to skin, oh my God Don't ya stop, boy,' that definitely shift Grande away from her usual good girl aesthetic.


       The 22-year old made the decision to ditch her signature cat ears for a latex half-dominatrix/half-playboy bunny mask, as shown above in her album cover for Dangerous Woman. The new album is set to be released on April 20th
     During an interview on On Air With Ryan Seacrest, she said, "[Dangerous Woman] is a little darker and sexier and more mature… I've come into my own a little bit since my last album was released."
       I've been waiting for an album like Dangerous Woman from Ariana Grande for a while now. With the vocal range she has, she has the potential to create very powerful music, as she has already proved with songs like "My Everything" and "Tattooed Heart." I'm really happy to see her finally become comfortable enough with opening herself up to singing more personal and mature songs. Or at least I hope she's comfortable with this, considering the fact that so many artists have been cornered by their record labels into doing things they didn't really want to do.







     
     

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the idea of artists feeling comfortable because often times record labels try to change artists and act out of character.

    ReplyDelete